Why is the 2021 MDRT Annual Meeting a virtual event?
Given the impact of COVID-19 and the government-mandated limitations regarding the number of people who can gather in person, MDRT’s 2021 Annual Meeting will occur in June as a VirtualEvent.
Who will be eligible to register for the 2021 MDRT Annual Meeting Virtual Event?
2021 MDRT members will be allowed to register for the Virtual Event as well as:
- 2021 MDRT Academy members
- 2021 Global Services members
- MDRT Mentees
- Agency Managers
Will there be an On Demand portion to the Virtual Event and can I register for it?
Yes. Content from the Virtual Event week, as well as additional content, will be accessible June 9 – July 9, 2021. Access to On Demand content is included in your registration fee.
Will members be able to access the Virtual Event platform via smart devices such as tablets and cell phones?
Yes.TheVirtual Event platform will be accessible through tablets and cell phones. However, for optimal viewing, laptops or desktops are recommended.
Will members receive credit and a certificate of attendance for the 2021 MDRT Annual Meeting Virtual Event?
In which languages will the Virtual Event be presented?
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
What is the difference between the Virtual Event and On Demand?
The Virtual Event will take place from June 7 to 9, 2021. Attendees will have access to a curated lineup of programming available each day. On Demand will run fromJune 9 to July 9, 2021, and will include speakers from the Virtual Event week. On Demand allows members to access content at their convenience and customize their learning experience to meet their needs.
Disclaimers and Waivers
Activity and Participation Waiver
By registering for this virtual or hybrid event, you acknowledge that your participation in all related activities is voluntary and optional, and that participation in any of these events is at your own risk. You agree to (1) release MDRT from any and all claims that you or any person included in your registration fee may have against MDRT arising from or related to these activities, and (2) indemnify and hold MDRT harmless from any and all claims, costs or expenses arising from your actions or the actions of any person included in your registration fee.
MDRT is committed to providing a positive environment for its employees, members and other guests at all MDRT events. It has been and remains MDRT’s policy to maintain an environment where every employee, member and guest is treated with respect and which is free from all forms of harassment based upon or related to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, genetic information and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This includes conduct that creates a hostile, intimidating or offensive environment based on these characteristics. Harassment of any employee, member or guest is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated. Any individual who violates these requirements will be subject to appropriate remedial action, which may include removal from the premises, termination of employment or termination of membership.
Code of Ethics
Members of the Million Dollar Round Table should be ever mindful that complete compliance with and observance of the Code of Ethics of the Million Dollar Round Table shall serve to promote the highest quality standards of membership. These standards will be beneficial to the public and the insurance and financial services profession. Therefore, members shall:
- Always place the best interests of their clients above their own direct or indirect interests.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional competence by seeking to maintain and improve professional knowledge, skills and competence.
- Hold in strictest confidence, and consider as privileged, all business and personal information pertaining to their clients' affairs.
- Make full and adequate disclosure of all facts necessary to enable clients to make informed decisions.
- Maintain personal conduct which will reflect favorably on the insurance and financial services profession and the Million Dollar Round Table.
- Determine that any replacement of an insurance or financial product must be beneficial for the client.
- Abide by and conform to all provisions of the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which they do business.
- Use only polite, respectful language.
- Do not disparage any individual or company.
- Do not discuss pricing or cost.
- MDRT does not undertake to monitor this chat in real time, but reserves the right to remove any comment at its discretion.
The Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) is committed to celebrating and serving its inclusive, diverse constituency of members in a culture where everyone is valued, respected, appreciated and treated fairly without bias or discrimination. As a global organization, MDRT values and embraces the differences among its members. MDRT will purposefully establish and promote policies, programs and procedures that affirm diversity, equity and inclusion for the benefit of all members, aspiring members, industry partners and the financial services profession.
Statement of Antitrust and Legal Compliance
There shall be no negative discussions of commercial companies or products. There shall be no discussion or activity for the purpose of any legal compliance preventing any person or persons from gaining access to any market or customer for goods and services, nor any agreement or understanding to refrain from purchasing or using any material, equipment, services or supplies. There shall be no discussion or activity that may be construed as forestalling or limiting research and development. We, of course, expect your consideration and full compliance with these guidelines, both while in attendance at this meeting and at all times in your business.
Tax, Legal and Copyright Information
The Million Dollar Round Table® (MDRT) does not guarantee the accuracy of tax and legal information and is not liable for errors or omissions. You are urged to check with tax and legal professionals in your state, province, territory or country. MDRT also suggests you consult with local insurance and security regulations and compliance departments, pertaining to the use of any materials with clients.
Copyright Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT). This work is protected by domestic and international copyright laws. No part of this work may be copied in whole or in part in all forms of media. The recording of any sessions or elements of the virtual or hybrid event are strictly prohibited.
Virtual Event Rules of Conduct
Members shall accept and conform to the Code of Ethics and to those rules of conduct which the Executive Committee may determine and publish for those participating in any such meeting.
- To receive access to the virtual event, all members and special guests must register.
- Giving your ID and access code to another person for purposes of admission to the virtual event is not permitted.
- Promotion by members or nonmembers of any goods and services, except member exhibitors under provisions of a signed Exhibitors Agreement, or with the expressed written permission of the Business Services Inc. Executive Committee, is not permitted.
- Recruiting or attempted recruiting of personnel or agents of one company or firm by persons of another company or firm is not permitted during the virtual event or in connection therewith.
- Audio or video recording, online streaming, still photography or any other recordings of presentations during the virtual event is not permitted.
- Virtual event attendees may not intentionally interrupt the virtual event or use any other online media that interfaces with the virtual event including, but not limited to, sexualized language or imagery, inappropriate dialogue, insults, political statements or other content or communication outside the character and purpose of MDRT.
- Violation of the Rules of Conduct may result in verbal warning, removal from the virtual event without refund, restriction on attending future events, a report to the MDRT Ethics Committee for further action and possible revocation of membership.